Friday, August 19, 2011

Mystery Knit Along

I joined the mystery knit along group on Ravelry that does mystery projects within 220 yards of yarn.  I wasn't sure about it, because it's a lot harder without a picture.  However, it's great practice for paying attention, counting rows, and most of all learning to read patterns.  Unfortunately, I tried to work on it right before bed while dead tired and ended up messing up to the point of confusion, so I frogged it to try again.  Knitting with DPNs is still a skill I'm practicing with, and I feel like it takes me time to get the flow.  No spoilers on what it is, though to be honest, I can't quite tell yet what it is.  I had some left over Knitpicks Swish in a blue color, Whirlpool, to work with so it's a nice stash buster, as I didn't need this entire skein for my lace hat that I made last year.

I plan to give this another go tomorrow when I'm well rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment