Friday, August 12, 2011

Throwing Blankets

I've moved on in projects and now I'm working on a throw blanket for my dad.  This is a fairly simple piece, as far as stitches go.  It is 20 blocks of sampler stitches that are sewn together after knitting.  There are only 6 different stitches and several of the blocks repeat themselves.  The stitches I'm working with are the seed stitch, ridge stitch, diagonal rib stitch, blackberry stitch, berry stitch, and basket weave.  So far, I am three blocks out of ten finished.  It says to sew them together when they are all done, but because I can't wait, I am sewing them together as I get them finished.  Right now it is a really thin blanket!

I'm excited because tomorrow my yarn swift and ball winder arrives from Knitpicks.  Actually, scratch that, I forgot the baby has me up at 4 am.  It actually comes today.  I tend to be lazy about winding yarn into nice center pull balls, so I'm thrilled to be able to organize my yarn, especially my small amounts of scraps, into nice regular looking balls of yarn.


No comments:

Post a Comment