Monday, August 29, 2011

Why I Don't Love this Blanket Pattern

I am working on the throw blanket pattern from Lion's Brand found here: Knit Sampler Throw.  Now, I endeavor to finish everything that I start while knitting, so I will finish this.  However, I have some complaints about the pattern.  I'm guessing that what I'm complaining about was partially done to make it an easier knit.
  •  The seaming takes a long time and isn't all that enjoyable.
  • The blocks are different patterns and different stitches and the only thing they have in common is they are 9 inches tall, so I find the seaming to be more difficult and therefore less enjoyable.  Matching the stitches for seaming adds additional work.
Okay, I guess that's two complaints.  Now, I could just forget it, but when I buy yarn for a project, I generally work to finish it, even if it's not my favorite.  I have to be honest that I probably would have enjoyed something for my first blanket that you just kept knitting or crocheting straight through.  I'm about thirty percent done at this point and part of my lack of enthusiasm might be the distance I have to the finish.  I will see how I feel when I'm closer to 90%!



No comments:

Post a Comment